Six secrets? That shouldn’t be so difficult. My last novel was filled with secrets. I think revealing secrets should make a person a bit uncomfortable. So here it goes:
- I was a pageant girl. This was before the industry became so “cheesy”. I entered beauty contests through high school/college and attribute my comfort speaking in front of large groups to the experience. I’ve also perfected the pageant wave.
- It was me who took the last cookie. I’m not going to hide my obsession with sweets. If there are cookies in the house, they won’t last very long. I’m not picky. Chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar cookies, I enjoy them all but biscotti are my favorite.
- I adore Christmas. Decorating the tree is one of the best parts of the holiday, so that’s why I have a Christmas tree in every room of my home. That makes seven in total – each with an individual theme. The tree in my office is decorated with writing paraphernalia and bookish ornaments.
- I have a very poor sense of direction. I could get lost on a cul-de-sac. If I didn’t have my GPS when driving I’m sure I would continue off a cliff and drop into the ocean. Verbal directions? I’m confused after the first sentence, so you definitely don’t want me driving you anywhere. You don’t even want me holding the map at the amusement park.
- When in high school, I used to sneak out, catch a train, and go dancing in New York City when my parents thought I was at a friend’s house at least once a week. It really wasn’t lying because I was at my friend’s house (long enough for her to get dressed and we could leave for the club). Then we’d take the train back in the wee morning hours. I shudder now to think of all the fates we dared – but damn, we had a great time dancing.
- I still tie my shoelaces with “bunny-ears”. I never learned how to do it the other way. I don’t think there’s much more to say on that subject.
Anabelle Bryant writes historical romance for Harlequin Carina. Her first novel, To Love A Wicked Scoundrel, was released April 2014 and became an Amazon best seller three weeks later. Duke of Darkness was recently released on June 9th. A firm believer in romance, Anabelle knows life doesn’t always provide a happily-ever-after, but her novels do. An avid traveler and novice photographer, she enjoys connecting with readers.
Where to find Anabelle:
Find her novels here: To Love A Wicked Scoundrel http://goo.gl/jRvaRS
Duke of Darkness http://amzn.to/TVvglt